Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Are you ready for this?

So this is one of my favorite quilts that I have ever made. It is for Jesse's brother's new baby coming in September. And it's super cute, so watch out.

It all started by centering around that elephant print. I knew that I wanted to do prairie points, so it all just kind of went from there.
It's really hard to see the quilting, because I found the perfect color thread that blends in well, but I had a lot of fun with the quilting on this one. I did it on Jana's mega quilter, and it only took me an hour and a half to do the whole thing. That included sewing down a prairie point two different times, and having to stop and get myself unstuck from that, and also reloading the quilt to do the borders on the sides. I did those freehand flowers like I had done on a previous quilt. Plus there are little flowers scattered throughout the quilting on the main portion of the quilt.



The pattern that I used for those square within square blocks was a little off. The largest triangles were just too small, so after cutting all of them I had to cut some more, which left a bunch of triangles for me to make a doll quilt out of. So I made her a matching doll quilt.


No comments: