Wednesday, February 15, 2012

BeAttitudes

I finally finished it! It only took forever and a day, but it's finished! I think that the major reason that it took me so long to finish this was because I wasn't sure what to do with it when it was finished. It's got so much applique that it is not an ideal blanket to have lying around and possibly getting washed, and worn. But at the same time I didn't have any place to display it. But now we're moving, which means a million blank slate walls. Right now I think that the plan is to put it in the dining room. For the most part, I did an awesome job on this quilt. Since I was feeling this way, there needed to be a few humility areas. As I was finishing the quilting on the borders, there were several places that just did not work out quite right, and the fabric was quite pucker-y. Plus well, I'm not a professional quilter, so there are a few places that the quilting is a little awkward. But all in all, I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.





1 comment:

Quilter Kathy said...

Excellent job! I am thinking about how to finish mine and have the same dilemma...a quilt to use or to display?