Sunday, May 3, 2009

I did it again!

So on Saturday night I ran another 5K. This time they sent me an email with my results, and I was actually a bit surprised. I knew about my time and pace. I ran a 32:40 which put me on a 10:30 pace. I had the exact same pace for all 3 miles. I wanted to slow down at the end, but just couldn't figure out how. (And my shins are still thanking me. I run on a treadmill, so it was quite a shock.)
Anyway, so they sent the results, and in my age group there were 99 women who finished, and I finished 44th. That by the way puts me in the first half of that group. Who would have thought I would have been in the first half? Crazy huh?
Anyway, I've mentioned it before, but I signed up for the half marathon in October, so I guess I'll keep on running. I need to make sure that I get out and run outside to train sometimes. You know, so that I don't break my shin bones.
So that's it. I just read that email and was shocked at my standing, so I had to share.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I'm so proud of you! (and envious of your stamina and willpower) Great job!

Kate said...

Umm, so if I totally kill my shins on the treadmill, I should never ever try to run outside, yes?

Dadra said...

Woohoo!! Congratulations Lauren...hope your shins are feeling better today. Good luck with your half-marathon training too!

The Boys Mommy said...

great job!