Monday, April 23, 2012

Buggies

So the road show was this past weekend. I know a lot of people have been saying that they no longer do road shows anymore, but at the opening of our evening, a member of the stake presidency read something that President Monson had said about don't deprive the youth of a road show, so I think that at least while this Stake Presidency is in, it will probably happen every 4 years or so. Anyway, it was a long evening, but all in all, it was fun to see all of the wards have fun and do a great job. I was still on "team Frederick" since I had worked with the costumes, and they did a great job. I have my own opinions on why they didn't make the top three, but well, I'll keep those to myself. The costumes turned out great, and our ward won the award for best visual creativity, which I'm pretty sure means costumes, sets, props, etc.
Here are the lady bugs. They were my pride and joy. They turned out so well, and the girls that were lady bugs were so cute. I didn't do the antennae, and the one little lady bug dies during the production, and comes back as an angel, and I didn't do that part either. the capes: All of the spots were different

Here are the bees. They all had yellow shirts on for the show. I did the skirts, and then I thought that the vests needed a little something extra, so I did the yellow flower pins.

On Tuesday night I have the chance to go and get what I want to keep. I'll tell you, I would like to have some of this stuff, but I know that the girls want some as well, and well, I do feel a bit bad about taking some away from them. But I really want at least one of those lady bug capes..... Of course, it's something that now that I have made it, I can easily make it again. Anyway. Maybe we'll see if there are any girls who don't show up on Tuesday night.

So there are my bug costumes.

No comments: