Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Progress

Today I had 4 wonderful friends come to my new house and help me paint my main level. We got 4 rooms painted in 3 different colors. I still have to go back and do all of the trim, and then I need curtains, and furniture, etc, but here is what we have so far.
This if you recall was the dining room. That wall paper was thick textured stuff and was terrible to get off. In many places, it pulled the paint right off of the wall, and drywall was exposed. It left a very pocked, scarred surface. So my friend Colleen came over and helped me to get it all smooth, and then I primed it, and we painted it today. Here is the after.

This is the front living room. There was a large mirror that made up practically one whole wall. It was starting to come away from the wall, and we worried about the kids pulling on it, and well, it was just a little much, so we got that down. It left large spots where the glue pulled the paint off of the wall. So Colleen and I fixed that too.

You can see the lighter green contrasted with the darker color in the dining room.

We also got the family room painted in that same lighter green color. My mom came and helped me to do that the other day, and then today we just needed to do a quick second coat. The nice thing was that we had so much to do today, that we were able to go back and do second coats in the areas that needed them before we finished for the day. First priority is to get the trim in that room painted, (there is only baseboard) and then I can start moving furniture in there. We don't even have the furniture for the other living room yet, so that's not a huge rush, and the dining room is easy to get the trim done, even once we have our table in there. I'm excited to get things done and put together and show the full "afters."

No comments: