Monday, April 14, 2008

Duckie curtains



So a month or so ago I decided that I really needed curtains in the baby's room. I would rock him in the middle of the day, and the sun would shine right through the blinds and into his eyes. After shopping around I figured that with the coupon I had, I could buy the fabric and make the curtains for much cheaper than I could buy them pre-made for. Also, they would be a cuter fabric than what I could buy. So I went to my local quilt shop where I had a coupon for 50% off one cut of fabric. That was a pretty good deal for me since I wanted to buy 8 yards of fabric. I went to JoAnn's and I bought some backing fabric (once again using a 40% off coupon) and then I got to work.
I have decided the curtains are not fun to make at all. They turned out ok, and looking at them from a distance they are fine. It's only when you look closely that you notice that one panel is longer than the other, the side hemming is a little crooked, etc. etc.
But I was proud of myself. I had never attempted curtains before, and lined ones was a pretty ambitious way to start.
So that was a while ago. I just now got the pictures up.
In other news, Nate has been falling out of bed lately. It's unfortunate because we just moved his bed to the other side of the room, so the side of the bed where he is used to having a wall now is just empty. It's a good thing it's not a long fall. So now we either need to turn his bed around, or we need to put a rail up. I'll let you know how things pan out.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Good job with the curtains!