Thursday, April 24, 2008

More complaining

Ok, so as you know, I have some interesting neighbors. Now that the nice weather has arrived, we spend a lot more time outside, and so do our neighbors. Especially in the evening. We play in our back yard, and they sit out on their front porch. That is a common thing to do around here, just sit on your front porch. I can understand people who live downtown doing that, because there are always cars driving by, and probably interesting things happening. However, for all intents and purposes, we live on a court. And like a court without the circle. It's really just a shared driveway. Really, not much goes on down here. Anyway, our backyard borders their front yard.
So there have been several times as we have been outside or as we have had the door open that we can hear them talking. One day, and I don't think I'll forget this one in a while, I was inside and I heard one of my neighbors cleaning out her car, and her 5 year old was with her, and she started yelling at her kid, and she said at one point, "you'd better watch your (and at this point she inserted an unpleasant word) mouth." So it's a big case of do as I say, not as I do over there.
Anyway, as we were playing tonight, our neighbor had a visitor, and she and he were sitting on their porch talking, and talking rather loudly (They are of the talk loud enough so that everyone within a mile radius can hear you variety.) Anyway, so she is using some very unpleasant language, like really bad stuff, and using a lot of it. To give you an idea, within just a few minutes, I was thrown straight into an R rated movie. Now, I don't want to hear that stuff, but I especially don't want my 3 year old to hear that stuff. He repeats just about everything. Anyway. I just am sad that common courtesy has exited from society these days. So I guess that's just one of the fun things about living in this neighborhood. Oh well. Life goes on.

No comments: