Friday, February 20, 2009

Afternoon Project

So I was supposed to baste and start quilting a quilt that my mom made for my grandma today, but I can't find my basting spray at the moment. I know that I just bought some, but I don't recall where I have placed it. So instead I picked some fabric to start working on this cool star quilt that I saw in a quilting magazine. If I had seen this pattern when I was making Nate's baby quilt I would have done it. It is just about exactly what I was looking for.
Anyway, as I had my fabric stash out Nate saw this yellow rainbow striped fabric and claimed it for his own. In fact, he said he would trade it for the big log cabin quilt I made for him. So I set out to start cutting some of the pieces. It is a template quilt, so it takes a while to get all of the pieces laid out right before cutting them. But I did it. And then I knew that Nate was not just going to let me take the blocks away, so I had to make them into a pillow. I guess I'll have to recut these fabrics to put into the actual quilt. Anyway, it's a cute little pillow and Nate seems to love it. So that is how we spent our afternoon.

No comments: