Tuesday, February 3, 2009

And the Winner is.....


And the winner is Starlight! It was a crowd favorite along with barn raising. And to back you up Nat, Stained Glass was one of my early favorites. Now, I can't just do a quilt like the instructions say, because I'm a dork like that. This quilt actually was one of the first quilts that I have made from a pattern in a very long time. Mostly I just look at a quilt, and am too cheap to buy the pattern, so I figure out one myself. Anyway, back to the point. I kind of changed it up just a tad. Maybe you hate it now, but I like it better, and that's what really counts. Jesse finally helped decide on this pattern because one of his favorite Muse songs is called starlight. He asked if we could make it a musical quilt, but finally settled on that being the quilt's theme song. (Something every quilt needs, right?) Anyway, so now I need to put the borders on. Sisto's was having a sale last weekend, so I got some border fabric. Then I still have my 50% off coupon at Needles and Pins, so I can get the backing, and a 40% off coupon at JoAnn's will get me the batting. Not too bad.
ps. And don't mind the cat. Any time I put a quilt on the floor at all, Lizzie (and Graham for that matter) take that as an invitation to walk all over it.

2 comments:

jlk said...

I love it! I can't wait to see it with the borders

The Boys Mommy said...

I'd like a recount!