Friday, February 27, 2009

Another quilt

So the last quilt that I made for Ashley was a hit at the shower, as they always are. But one girl in particular was oohing and ahhing over it. She is having a baby shower tomorrow. It is someone that I didn't really know until I was called to be the Enrichment counselor, and she is the enrichment leader, so now I work closely with her. Anyway, I like to make quilts for people who I know will appreciate them, and I know that she will. She was also commenting on how much she likes stars for babies. I had quilted stars into the quilt for Ashley. So when I saw this pattern I thought of her. She's having a girl, and I wanted to use some more funky fabrics, so this is what I came up with.


I decided to quilt flowers into the border, and on the center square. I was very pleased with the end result since I did it all freehand without drawing it on first.


Oh, and did you notice that this is the same pattern that I made that little pillow for Nate out of?

3 comments:

Becky said...

that's fabulous! you're so talented! :)

Dadra said...

Ohhhh, Ahhhh!!! (I'm hoping that if I ohhh and ahhh enough, that you'll make me one too!!) It's beautiful and I am so impressed with your quilting skills. And let me know when you plan on going to the Hagerstown Outlets, we need to get together!!

jlk said...

That is so cute! I hope she likes it.