Friday, March 12, 2010

car seat blanket

A few months back I saw a picture of these car seat blankets on a blog, and it was linked to an etsy shop. When I saw it, I knew that I needed to make one. I always cover my infant seats with blankets, but sometimes they drag on the ground, or fly away, or do all sorts of things. This is designed to fit the car seat exactly without dragging on the ground, and it is fitted to the seat in the back to lessen the frequency of wind blowing it around. It has nifty little Velcro straps which attach it to the handle of the seat, keeping it in place.
And it's reversible. I'll probably use it on the flower side for the most part with this baby, but if we have a boy in the future, now I don't have to make a new one. (He will just have to look at flowers all of the time. :)

So there is one project for the new baby completed!


5 comments:

Dadra said...

That is really cute Lauren. When we have another baby, I would love to have you make one for us!!

nanabear said...

Very cute.

jlk said...

SEW CUTE!

Natalie said...

Very cool! Don't forget I want the pattern!

Nicole said...

I would love to have the pattern as well! That is a great little creation. Love it!