Friday, February 22, 2008

More on my neighbors

Ok, so one of my favorite past times is to watch out my dining room window. Not much really goes on out there. I do look out onto the parking lot of the naughty kids school, and a week or so ago an am-blance came to the school and I wondered if someone had smuggled in like a shiv or something.
My neighbors also are unusually active for it being the middle of the day, and there are always people coming and going. These are the ones that I'm pretty sure do drugs in their shed, yet must be ok people due to the decorations that sometimes appear at their front door.
So today I was watching out my window and these two skinny white kids show up. It seemed like they were expected, but they seemed awfully out of place. They were wearing pseudo-suits, and carying books. They seriously looked like impostor missionaries. Anyway, as they show up and were trying to get in the door I had a movie moment. It was one of those moments where you want to scream to the screen- Don't go in there! They did go in (and I have to say, they kind of looked surprised that they got in.) and I suppose they are ok. I never saw them exit, but it's more of a hobby than a full time job, so I wasn't really paying that much attention to watch for them to leave.
Anyway, it all just felt a little Rear Window-ish. But now it's time to go and put the crazy one to bed, so it's a little scary today, but you get what you pay for.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Do you suppose our 102 days prompted this hobby of window-watching? After all, it was the home of the walkby.

losing my needles said...

Could be, we have no "little man" living anywhere near me though.

losing my needles said...

I also had to sit and remember the glory that was the walk by. Maybe I'll blog about that one day, to enlighten the rest of the world. Good times.

Mary said...

The walkby is one of my favorite memories ever. Does that make me a sad person, of is it just a plain fact that living in the "home of the walkby" was just that cool?