Saturday, July 26, 2008

One week down

Well, I did it, I made it through my first week as a runner. I logged 9.5 miles this week of running or walking. At this rate, it would take me a week and a half to run a half marathon. :)
I think I can keep going next week. I'm still a little motivated. Next week I want to run in the double digits. I've decided that even though I am slow and I need to walk, that I can call myself a runner because when I want to stop, I keep on going; when I feel like I cannot go any farther, I push myself to do it anyway.

4 comments:

Becky said...

That's kinda how I feel about eating cinnamon rolls: I want to stop, but I push on through and keep doing it anyways. Just did this morning! :)

Erin said...

Ha!! Cinnamon rolls! That's so funny!

Good job Laur!

Nicole said...

I am inspired! Please... keep running. I have been trying to do something about the 44 lbs. I need to lose. Yes, I know that is a lot. Darrel has tried running with me, we have a gym membership for 5 more month and then it won't be in the budget and we have a treadmill in our basement!! Reading your blog about running really makes me want to get up and DO IT! I have a million and one excuses not to - the Kids are needy, I'm too tired, stressed... ladee da da. Truth is, the weight is NOT coming off and I know I would feel better about myself if I was not lugging it all around all day everyday. Thanks Lauren, I really appreciate your efforts.

DanceNplay said...

I always wondered who loosing my needles was! Now I know! I want ot see pics of your kids!!! It's been awhile!! Keep in touch!