Saturday, September 6, 2008

I Did It!


Well, I did it. I ran my race today, and it wasn't so bad.
Here is what I saw on my run:
1. rain
2. a lot of people passing me
3. rain
4. A Cow farm (It smelled great)
5. rain
6. more people passing me
7. The Cow farm again (smelled just as good the second time around)
8. rain
9. A dead bird (sad, and gross)
10. rain
11. My little boy cheering me on (yea!)
12. rain
13. my Husband cheering me on
14. the finish line!!!
15. rain
And here are some of the things that I learned while running today.
1. It's not too bad to run in the rain, but totally important to have a hat.
2. I CAN do it, and run pretty much the whole way. I only walked for like 50m at the water station at the half way point.
3. 5 year olds can kick my trash.
4. It is very important to go potty before you start running. Especially if you have given birth twice. We'll just say it's a good thing it was raining today and leave it at that.
5. Nothing lifts your spirits like a smiling soaking wet 3 year old cheering for you.
6. When you take a shower and start out wet, you feel entirely too wet by the end of the shower.
So there you have it. It wasn't raining that hard, just steadily. It was nice and cool though. I ran it in about 38 min which is much faster than my goal time of "finish." It's a nice starting point that should not be too bad to work from. So yea for me! And thanks to my family and Father in Law for coming out in the rain to see me run.
Now it's off to my High School Reunion.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Yeah!!! Good job Laur! That's awesome!!

The Boys Mommy said...

Congrats!!!!!!

Kate said...

That is awesome! Way to go!

Becky said...

You're a rock star! Great job! I admire your "sticktoitiveness", as my mom would call it. :)