Sunday, November 9, 2008

My New Weight Loss Plan

So, after I ran my 5K, I pretty much stopped running. Jesse was getting ready for his half marathon, and so he was taking all of the running time, and well, I just really don't enjoy running THAT much. So I gained back all of the weight I had lost and more. So just recently I started running again when I saw that I had reached my heaviest non-pregnancy weight. My new plan was not to lose x amount of weight, it was not to run in such and such a race. I do still have those goals, but my new immediate goal is to lose one pound a week. That's it. That's all I have to do in order to achieve my goal. So far I lost 2 lbs the first week, and 3 lbs this week. (So the next 3 weeks are free since I'm already up 3 lbs. )
I figure that the Baltimore Running festival is a year away, so if I can keep this up for a year, I can lose 50 lbs while training for the (half) marathon. So there you have it. All I need to do is keep losing 1 lb. I found that it is actually quite motivating. I can still have the occasional treat, but it does keep me thinking, if I eat this, is this what will push me over my 1 lb weight loss. If I don't run today, will it keep me from losing the weight. I'm hoping that I'm still 10 lbs away from plateauing, but in all reality, I am only 4 lbs away from the point that I always have trouble going under, and that motivates me even more. The last 10 lbs came on quickly and recently, so those will the the first to come off, but the next 40 lbs have been there for many years, so I'm really going to have to work on those. We'll see. Hopefully by having this goal in mind I will keep things in check this holiday season.
Speaking of Holiday Season, and weight loss, the only nice thing about Christmas coming right after Halloween is over is that the Christmas candies are already out. Yesterday I went to the grocery store, and they had candy cane Hershey's Kisses out. Those are the best Hershey's Kisses in creation, followed closely by the coconut ones that come out at Easter. It was bliss to find them. I can start nice and early this year.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Good luck on the new plan! They say it is healthiest to only lose 1-2 lbs. a week anyway, so it sounds like what you're doing is perfect. Looking forward to reading about your success!