Wednesday, January 11, 2012

baby girl quilts

So a week or two back, I was going through the mess that is my sewing corner, and I looked into a bag that had some of the fabric that I bought last year when I had my big splurge. (Something I do once a year or so, although I don't see it happening this year.) I started to love on it so much that I was trying to think what I could do with it. Since my favorite form of quilting is to make baby quilts, I was thought that I needed to have a friend have a baby girl. And then I thought- wait, I do have a friend having a baby girl! So off to work I went. I set out to copy this quilt that I saw on Craftsy, which was just simple strips on the diagonal, and it wasn't too bad to make, but I didn't know how many strips I was going to need, and ended up with several extra strips. So I was inspired by a quilt that Jana showed on her blog and copied the pattern. I had just the right amount of strips cut to make another baby quilt. I think that this is the one that I'm going to end up giving to my friend Julia.

So in case you were wondering what it takes to have me make someone a baby quilt, it really is mostly up to chance. I didn't feel like quilting last year, so none of my friends got quilts. I put so much effort into Olivia's quilts, that any friend who had a baby then didn't get a quilt. It really is a situation that I think, OK, I'd like to make a quilt, who can I make it for, and someone happens to be pregnant at that time. I have many friends that I would say are at the same level of closeness, and some have gotten a quilt from me, and others have not. It's all just luck of the draw!

No comments: