Thursday, January 26, 2012

Confession

OK, so it's confession time. Sometimes I think in Facebook status updates. Does anyone else do that, or am I way too plugged in? (OK, the obvious answer is that I AM way too plugged in, but just humor me for a minute.)
For instance, last night it was 5:00, and the boys were fighting, Olivia was crying, I was trying to change laundry, and get dinner on the table. In my mind, I though, my Facebook status right now would be, "It's 5:00 and the world is falling apart." Fortunately, I had the sense, at that moment, not to hop right on the computer, ignore the falling apart world in my house, and update my Facebook status. I really do try to sensor myself, and not let the Facebook community know every time my children to any sort of thing ('cause I'm THAT Facebook updater- all about my kids.)
But am I the only person that tries to come up with clever status updates to describe the events happening in current time? Perhaps I'm just too much of a nerd who thrives on simulated human interaction, as opposed to real human interaction because I'm so socially awkward in real life. (Not that I'm any less awkward on Facebook, as my friends can attest to.) And on that note, am I the only person out there that thinks there ought to be a designated sarcasm font? Right there on your tool bar next to bold and italic. It would make my life so much easier! (And that is nothing to be sarcastic about!)

3 comments:

nanabear said...

How about (- = tongue in cheek.

Samantha said...

Agree. Should definitely be a sarcasm font. And maybe a facetious one too. It would make life online so much easier. Also, have never found you to be socially awkward. I think of you more as one of those supremely cool girls who cultivates a kind of mysterious, aloof air until just the right moment presents so you can dazzle the chosen few with your sharp wit and warmth. I think you should go with that :)

Kate said...

I totally think in Facebook statuses. So either we're totally normal or equally sad!