Thursday, January 5, 2012

I'm back!

So last year I ran a marathon. That took a bit of my time. :) As a result, I just really did not do much sewing last year. Also, do you ever find that you do things in cycles? I sew a lot, and then I get tired of it, or uninspired, and so I move onto something else for a little while, and then eventually something pushes me, and I'll get back into sewing? I think I got my push this past week. I've been sewing like a maniac for the past week, but more on that later. First, a few of the things that I have made in the past month.
I found an easy pattern for Angry Birds, so I made up a few. I have intentions to make more of them, but up until this minute couldn't remember where I put the patterns that I had already printed out. I think I'll work on the beaks a little bit, to make them wider, but other than that, it's a pretty easy pattern, especially if you are comfortable doing a little free motion sewing.


Then I did a little sewing for Olivia for Christmas. There were very few things that I made for Christmas this year. I made her this buttercup bag (free pattern found here)


And I also made her these hand puppets. These were made using the same technique as the angry birds, and were a snap to put together, once again, if you are comfortable doing the free motion sewing.


Then, a few years ago my good friend Jana gave me that cute star wall hanger, but I only had a hanging for Halloween and Thanksgiving, and Christmas, so I'm going to try to make a few more, maybe one that would be a good general one until I get one for each month. But I whipped this little guy up on New Year's eve, while the rest of my family was playing Wii (we still need a 4th controller before I can join in the fun and games...)





And then I started these the other day, and hopefully will finish quilting them in the next week. I have to remember that there are some things that are more important than sewing- like cleaning the house and taking care of the kids...


The fabric here is by Wendy Slotbloom, who is one of my favorite designers- I used her fabric for Olivia's quilts. I have more fabric in another line lying in wait for another inspired project, but it was looking at the fabric that I had of hers that made me want to start sewing again. Then I began thinking that I needed to have a friend have a baby girl so that I could use the fabric, and then I realized that I HAVE a friend having a baby girl, and how convenient that was for me! So yea for getting back into sewing. I have several other UFOs and my goal is to finish as many as possible before we move at some unknown time in the next 3-4 months.

No comments: