Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Motherly cats

So last night I was at quilting, and I was talking to Jana, and she asked me if Lizzie was protective of my pregnant belly. At first I'm thinking, no, she doesn't care. Then I realized that in the last few months she comes and sits and sleeps on my belly almost every night. I just thought that she was waiting for me to get up, since most of the time it happens in the morning before I get up. But she does do it in the middle of the night as well, and she has never done something like this before. She doesn't sleep on Jesse either. I thought it was just because I sleep with a body pillow, and often she is mostly on that, but Jesse often has a pillow with him as well. So yeah, my cat is protecting my belly. It is kind of sweet, but on the other hand, it is also kind of annoying, mostly because I need to change sides all the time at night, and then I have to push her off, and then I feel bad. Most of the time she comes right back on though. Of course, during the day she couldn't care less about me. Oh well. So there you have it. There is the story of my cat. She'll never be a mother herself (which I feel kind of bad about) so she has to be motherly to my fetus. So not groundbreaking, but you get what you pay for.

No comments: