Sunday, November 18, 2007

Moving day

Well, the best news of my life so far is that we finally have moved out of my in-law's basement. We finally were able to find a place that would work for us. It's not ideal, since Jesse still has an hour and half commute. So that stinks, but we can afford it, and I like the location. Moving went off without a hitch. I think that so far nothing I have found has broken. That is always a concern when you have friends move you, instead of professionals.
We have a little duplex, and so far we have the nicest neighbor in the world. Yesterday he cleaned out our gutters and raked the leaves in our front lawn. Well, he did have a leaf blower, so that helped. Anyway, we were going to make him brownies today. (You know, that's a fair trade.) However, I have not yet purchased cooking oil for the house, so that ended up not happening. I guess that is on my to do list for tomorrow. I probably ought to do it sooner rather than later. We don't want them to think that they have a bunch of spoiled white kids living next door.
We're a bit of a minority in this neighborhood. To the back of us we have some shady characters. The only reason I don't think they are totally shady is that several of them have cutesy seasonal decorations out front. In my book if you put cutesy decorations in your front yard, you probably are not a hardened criminal. The baffling thing is that they don't seem to have normal hours jobs. I see large groups of them congregating at all hours of the day in their front yards. So I just don't know about our back yard neighbors. And then there is the old lady to the side of us. Apparently she is a little bit crazy, and acts as a bit of a neighborhood watch. She is paranoid apparently. And I guess when she gets comfortable with you she'll just come up and look into your window to see what you're up to. So all in all, she's crazy, but harmless. Anyway, our next door neighbor, the one that is super nice, he said that the neighborhood is full of nice people, but to still be on alert. So I'll let you know if we get robbed or anything like that.
So we're about settled in. There are still tons of boxes that need to be gone through, and several things that I wish I knew where they were, but alas, don't.

In addition to that, I am due to have this baby at any time. I have braxton-hicks contractions all day long, and a few of them are getting painful. At my last doctor appointment she said that she thought that the baby could be 8 lbs already. So that's not so much fun. Tomorrow I have an appointment for an ultrasound, so we'll see how big they think this baby is getting. I'm kind of hoping that it is big, so that I can be induced this weekend. I am so tired of being pregnant. It wouldn't be so bad if I weren't in pain all of the time. Oh well. The way that I figure it though, is that in the karmic universe, Nate was supposed to be a May baby, and he was a June baby, so this one is supposed to be a December baby, so he needs to be a November baby.
Anyway, this has been a bit of a random entry, and not interesting to anyone but me, but hey, you get what you pay for.

1 comment:

jlk said...

I like how you end every entry with "you get what you pay for." That's totally true -- especially when it comes to shoes and fabric.