Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday Night Worries

Ok, so here it is Friday night. Last Friday night, or maybe it was Saturday night, I don't really remember, our backyard neighbors had a party. Not so much a party, as it was a few people standing outside with a car playing loud music, and they polished off several bottles of various kinds of alcohol. So I know that I now sound like an old fart or something, but as I was going to bed at 10:00 (That is my bed time, and it's sad to say, even on Friday nights, what can I say, I'm pregnant.) I had many thoughts going through my head. My first thought was wondering how late they were going to do this. They stopped at 10:30, so I think that neighbors have maybe set a limit on it previous to this. I was also wondering that, whereas Nate is just fine sleeping through things like that, I don't know that the baby would be.
So we were warned about the neighbor's enjoyment of partying, our other neighbor, who is super nice was telling us about it. I really wonder if some of the other neighbors have complained a little bit, there are other families in the "cul-de-sac" (It's more like a dead-end street with 2 duplexes (duplexi?) at the end behind the one that we are in off of the street.) So maybe they have a limit of 10:30 or so. Or, maybe it was really cold, and they ran out of booze. Whatever the reason, they did stop before it got super annoying.
So the rest of the story comes the next morning when we were leaving our house, and Jesse was walking around the back yard, and he found an empty glass booze bottle. I then found an empty beer bottle. So now I'm thinking, ok, so you just toss your empty bottles in our back yard for our 2 year old to find? That's not cool.
So now I am conflicted. I really want to talk to the neighbors, and tell them that if we continue to find their empty bottles in the yard we will complain to the cops. I really think that is the best way to welcome ourselves into the neighborhood. Especially since we're the vast minority in this neighborhood. My next thought is to throw their bottles back into their yard, like onto the driveway. (What? glass breaks when you throw it onto a hard surface? I had no idea!)
So I know that I'm just going to sit back and take it, since I'm a little afraid of our neighbors, and I don't want any trouble from them, and well, I worry that they could be trouble. (These are the same guys who have a "science project" going in their shed.) But I feel like I'm being bullied. Like I feel like they are taunting us by throwing the bottles into our yard. You know, what are you going to do whities?
So here it is the weekend again. We'll see if they party again this weekend. It just seems to me that it's getting cold, and I wouldn't want to sit outside like that, but I'm a wimp. Oh well. So there is my conflict for the moment. I'm not trying to solve world peace, but you get what you pay for.

1 comment:

jlk said...

Yeah, right. Jesse totally threw those bottles back there and is now trying to blame it on the neighbors. I think you may need to go see your bishop.