Friday, November 30, 2007

Gimmie Chocolate

So one of Nate's favorite phrases is "mommy, gimmie chocolate." I was quite chagrined several months ago when Nate started saying "gimmie" and I figured we just were not so good at articulating ourselves, and he had picked it up from us. That was confirmed the other day when I heard Jesse say in the other room, "Nate, gimmie ....(such and such)." But yeah, Nate says it all day long dispite me saying that we don't say gimmie every time he says it.
So one of my favorite things about Christmas is that it is more acceptable to have Chocolate sitting on your table at all times. So I found the candy dish that we got for our wedding, and has been packed away, and I got it out and filled it with Hershey's Kisses. Well, it's not that hidden, and Nate saw it right away, and said, "gimmie chocolate." Within the last day though, he has been very good at sharing the chocolate. He always picks out one for himself, and one for mommy. (And man am I getting fat.) So it's very sweet that he shares with me each time he wants one. I do wish he'd get over this whole gimmie thing, but he's 2, so we'll have to deal with that for a while longer. Oh well. So there is my sweet story of the day. It's not much, but you get what you pay for.

ps. When I changed Nate's diaper today, he said "oh Nate." It was pretty funny.

No comments: