Thursday, November 29, 2007

Stork Parking

ok, so one of my favorite things about being pregnant is that they have invented stork parking. Now, I firmly believe that they should also have new mother parking. There should be a few spots near the cart return reserved for moms who need to lug a car seat around. But that's another topic. So there are 3 grocery stores within 2 miles of my house. It's quite convenient. I have picked the one that is middle as far as price goes. The reason that I go here is 2 fold. First of all, they have one stork parking space. I have been lucky enough to get it the last several times I have been there. I am sad that my time of having my own personal spot is coming to an end. This grocery store also gives me money off when I get gas at their gas station, which is quite convenient. That is not the point though. The point is that I love stork parking.
At the outlets near where I used to live they had a few stork parking spots there. They were not placed that well. I would have put them close to the maternity clothes store, but I guess they are between the most popular maternity shop and the baby clothes stores. The thing about these outlets though is that the stork parking spots are like handicapped spots, with the empty spot next to them. When I first used these spots I was not that big, maybe 4 or 5 months pregnant, and I really wondered if they had ever seen a pregnant woman, and exactly how much room they thought we take up. Of course, now I'm big enough to take up several parking spaces, so it all makes sense. (I currently am every single "your mom is so fat..." joke rolled into one.)
So I firmly support the stork parking trend, and I think that there needs to be more specialized parking. The angry mom spot, the spot with a watch man so that I can leave my child in the car while I run in to get one item. The I'm seriously running late, and am in a bad mood spot. And on and on. So there you have it, there is my opinion, I don't know what it's worth, but you get what you pay for.

No comments: