Monday, January 14, 2008

My Christmas Projects

Ok, so I have officially started a new family blog, so this one will have fewer family stories, and will be more my random thoughts. I will also share some of my projects that I have worked on, you know, on account of it being called losing my needles.

This Christmas I found a pattern by Art to Heart called Glad Tidings I think. Anyway, I was attracted to it because it had a pattern for an Advent calendar. I didn't have an advent calendar, and I really wanted one. This one was really cute, and it was a nativity scene to boot. So I was pretty happy about that. I think it turned out pretty cute.

In this pattern book there was also a pattern for a wall hanging called a button up quilt. Obviously because there were buttons and stuff. Anyway, I was totally ambitious this winter, and in addition to having a baby at the start of December, I decided that I was going to make this for myself, and as a Christmas present to my sister in law Heather, since we had her family for Christmas this year, and also one for my mom. I think that they turned out pretty good. (Of course I am going to say that though, since I will probably not post the results of something that I totally messed up on.)


The last thing that I made was a little tiny quilt. I put it on the table, and it was just a tiny nativity quilt.
Anyway, they were actually pretty easy to make, it was all iron-on transfer stuff, so that was nice. Plus, when you make a bunch at once, it really is not that much more effort than making one. So there is my latest project that I have worked on. I think that I may start working on a stocking for Graham. I need to order 2 more so that I can make new ones for Jesse and I so that we can all have matching stockings. I could easily do that by next Christmas. Anyway, when I finish that, I'll let you know. So that's it. My blog has officially taken a turn, and is perhaps more of what I intended it to be, and as always you get what you pay for.

1 comment:

jlk said...

Those turned out really cute. That's what you should sell on Etsy...