Wednesday, December 19, 2007

All Done

Ok, so due to the fact that I was due to have a baby so close to Christmas, I knew this year that I had to be on the ball. I got Nate's shopping done in October, and I did most of Jesse's shopping online, and got that done early. So I really only had Jesse' stocking stuff left once we hit December, and I got most of that done, but then I had like 3 more things I needed to pick up. I am proud to say that I got those things today. I even got an extra bag of Hershey's Kisses to put some in Nate's stocking, because when we talk about Christmas the first thing he always says is that Santa is going to bring chocolate for his stocking. He's pretty easy to please.
So that's it. I'm done. It involved my first real trip out with both of the kids by myself, and I survived. We even went into two different stores, in tow different shopping centers, one of which had no shopping carts. (I can't go into specifics because Jesse reads this blog.)
So I have one thing to complain about today. I have been greatly dissapointed in the selection of Christmas candy. I always associate York Peppermint Patties with Christmas, the little ones, especially those wrapped in the holiday colors. However, I have not seen them in any stores this year. I have been totally bummed. I have, however been pleased with Giant Eagle's stock of candy cane Hershey's Kisses. So that's it. I know, they are ground breaking thoughts, but you get what you pay for.

2 comments:

jlk said...

Have you tried Target for all your York needs? They usually have a good seasonal candy selection.

Erin said...

You can't find them because I already bought them all and ate them. Sorry.