Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Shut in

Well, I'm pretty much a shut in these days. So I have nothing really to talk about. We went to the doctor for the one week check up, and sure enough, our baby is still doing well. He had to be pricked for his PKU, and that didn't go so well. The first nurse came in and pricked him and got half of the blood she needed, and then he stopped bleeding. I guess the Vitamin K shot they gave him at birth was extra strong. (Side note, I just spelled extra "exrta" and it seriously took me a full minute to figure out how I had spelled it wrong. I need a nap.) So she brings in another nurse, and she tries and they decide that he is dried up there. So they have to start it all over again. The other nurse sticks him in the other heel and fills up the circles perfectly in like 30 seconds. We should have started with the other nurse. My poor baby though, He was so very sad. But miraculously Jesse took him to the car and by the time I had checked out, he was sleeping peacefully. What a good baby I have. So that is it. Our one experience of the day. I know, it's pretty boring, but you get what you pay for.

2 comments:

Sgt Malarkey said...

Yeah, he is a really good baby. He falls asleep all the time.

jlk said...

I broke my toe today. I think my day was worse than your baby's day.