Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Weighty Issue

Well, I am proud to say that I have lost 30 lbs in the past 2 weeks. I now only have about 3 more lbs to go before I am back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. Of course, I have 30 more lbs after that before I am back at a reasonable weight. My friends and I had talked about doing a biggest loser thing. I still have 4 more weeks before I can really start working out. I also have given myself the next 4 weeks to not be on a diet. However, maybe I'll start easing into a diet after the holidays are over. So once I really start needing to lose weight look for my progress. I need to report to someone, and this blog is as good as a real person. (Yeah, I have become a shut-in in the past weeks.)
In other news, my son is having fruit snacks for breakfast, and that is, sadly, the closest thing he will eat to fruit today. However, he has crossed a line, and is eating the soft fruit snacks. You know how there are 2 kinds of textures of fruit snacks? Well, it used to be (until yesterday) that he would only eat the harder variety, the ones that are dry. But he ate our last pack of them yesterday. So we have a ton of these other fruit snacks, they are Mott's, so they are made with applesauce, and all natural, but Nate would not touch them. However, yesterday he decided that they were ok enough to eat, so now maybe we'll go through this huge bag of them finally. (I bought them from costco like 10 months ago.)
Anyway, I'm hungry, and I need to drink something. And Nate is already talking about when daddy comes home, and it's only 8:30. We have a long way to go... So that's it. That's my life, but you get what you pay for.

1 comment:

jlk said...

Fruit snacks totally count as fruit, and if you add graham crackers, it counts as a meal.