Thursday, December 13, 2007

bf2 rocks

So my husband just started this blog. He originally was going to call it "finding my needles" and in our sleep deprived state we had a really good laugh about that one. Well, instead he is blogging about his favorite video game, Battlefield 2. He just started it yesterday, and is all interested in it right now, but admits that he will probably forget about it when he goes back to work. Anyway, he wanted me to read it, and so I read it, and his latest post is all, oh, my wife hates me, oh my wife doesn't understand video games, oh my wife is so irrational, I wish my wife would get off my case. Ok, so maybe I'm being a little melodramatic, but it's my blog, so I can be. (Of course, that is his blog, so he has the same right.) Anyway, so yeah, it's a whole blog about how much he loves this video game, how it has brought him to love History, and World War II. He also talks about his favorite mini-series, Band of Brothers, and how everyone needs to watch the 57 part series, and read the book. It was at this moment that I realized my husband is an uber-nerd.
And in my defense, it's not that I hate video games. I have no problem with him playing video games, but when it takes priority over helping out around the house, helping with taking care of your child, especially when your wife has been taking care of him all day. Also, when it take priority over your relationship with your wife, well, that is when I have a problem with the video game. He got to the point where he literally played that video game 40 hours a week. And he doesn't understand why I didn't like the game.
Lately he has not been playing that often. He only has played it a handful of times in the last year, and that is fine with me. I want him to be happy, and to pursue his interests. He needs down time just like me, but maybe he needs to have some up time as well.
Anyway, the baby calls. So there you have it. He's my wonderful husband, but sometimes you get what you pay for.

ps. I don't want this entry to come off as my complaining about my husband. I love him dearly, despite his flaws. I'm just defending myself against his slanderous remarks in his blog.

No comments: