Monday, December 17, 2007

The first day of the rest of my life

Well, here it is the first day of the rest of my life. Jesse went back to work today, which means that I am officially a mother of 2 children. (Ok, I guess really it was official when I actually gave birth, but you know.)
So far it has not been so bad. Aside from the fact that Graham picked last night to be the first night that he really didn't sleep at night. In addition to that, Nate woke up with a cold yesterday, which is getting a little worse today. But other than that, things are ok. Graham slept for maybe two hours after Nate got up (thankfully, Nate didn't wake up until 8:30) But as soon as I had decided to take a shower, Graham started to cry, and Nate wasn't interested in watching his movie, so he managed to shut himself in his room, and he couldn't get out (good to know for the move to the toddler bed.) So I got out of the shower to both of my children crying hysterically. Other than that, there was one time when I was changing G's diaper and he was crying, and N couldn't get to Lizzie, so he is downstairs screaming for me.
We did pass the first hurdle of me feeding G and Nate made it through that without needing anything, so that was good.
Anyway, N just went down for a nap, and G is sleeping as well, so I think I'll try to take a nap too. Zoe is bringing lasagna for dinner tonight, and that makes me happy. Have I mentioned lately that I have great friends?
So all in all I'm thinking I may be able to do this whole 2 kids thing. We'll see. I mean, I don't have much of a choice though, do I? So that's it. It's not going to cure any diseases, but you get what you pay for.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Hey--congrats on #2!!! I'm glad you survived the day. The adjustment to two totally kicked my butt. I heard that 3 was the hard adjustment but I have a feeling it will be cake compared to two. So, okay, this might not be making you feel better. But if you need someone to commiserate with...I'm here :-).